BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
Boortmalt is looking for a Supply Chain Planner to join the Procurement team. In this role, you will play an essential role in order to make sure that the barley bought by Procurement is delivered in the right plant at the right time, so we can ultimately deliver the malt to the client within the commercial agreements. For this role, it's important to have a practical and solution driven mindset, combined with commercial interest.
You will work closely with barley suppliers to ensure the delivery process is secured and efficient. You will also be the first point of contact for the plants, quality and execution in case of issues with deliveries.
You are proactive, driven and decisive and have a strong solution-oriented mentality. Ready to stand up to manage issues and find commercial solutions.
Your responsibilities are:
• Ensure planning processes and methodologies are executed efficiently across all sites in the Western continental European region.
• Work together with Procurement, S&OP and Execution team to align Execution planning.
• Lead the weekly planning meeting with the production manager of each site.
• Manage and execute supplier contracts in time, keeping the commercial relationship smooth.
• Initiate and execute optimalisation initiatives (within barley flow and process)
• Monitor costs of transport, logistic frame contracts and barley deliveries according to forecast
• If an opportunity is identified, support barley procurement team in its commercial decisions.
• Support the implementation/roll-out of new ERP systems.
Master recherché Master recherché
For this opportunity we are looking for a passionate person who enjoys exploring opportunities within the Procurement department.
- You can make the link between the needs of the plant and barley suppliers, the possibilities of execution, always keeping in mind the commercial agreements.
- You will be involved in barley procurement commercial discussions and decisions.
- You have a bachelor or master degree in Supply Chain (or equivalent by experience) with preferably at least 3 years of experience in a similar role, or a young graduate of an Agriculture school.
- You have a practical knowledge of and experience with data analyses and tools
- You are results, customer and quality oriented
- You have excellent communication skills in English and French
- You are a team player
- Some insight or experience in the agriculture would be a plus
Trésor des Masters of Malt Trésor des Masters of Malt
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organization can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
“Strive” - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
“Care” - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire” - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitization, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
“Explore” – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the status quo to develop full potential.