ENERGY SPECIALIST M/V
ENERGY SPECIALIST M/V
Boortmalt (the malting business of the French cooperative group AXEREAL) is currently the largest malting company globally with 3 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world every year.
Our 1000 employees spread over 5 continents are focused on producing an extensive range of high- quality malt types in order to meet the requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
Description de l'offre
As Energy Specialist it is, in close collaboration with the Operations Managers Europe and the Group Energy Manager, your goal to stimulate new energy saving project ideas for Europe and actively facilitate feasibility stages, share energy best practices across the sites and other regions and provide energy awareness training to the staff.
Main tasks will center around:
1. Renewable projects
- stimulate new energy saving project ideas for Europe and actively facilitate feasibility stages
- follow a structured approach & document new energy projects (project brief, planning, Gantt chart, …)
- assist sites in the preparation of business cases for large energy and renewable projects
- follow-up on implementation of energy reduction/ sustainability impact on all projects & especially key strategic projects
- maintain good contact with suppliers & contractors to leverage any future potential developments
2. Energy Roadmaps for European Plants
- support sites in keeping their energy roadmaps current (always up-to-date) and always seeking year on year improvement in energy reduction
- sharing energy best practices across the sites and other regions
- assist with the rollout & follow up of service projects (where applicable)
3. Energy Monitoring & Analysis
- assist sites in analysing and understanding their energy data (via Scada/EMS) & create monthly energy reports (consumption/pricing) for regional management team/senior management
- assist sites in identification and extension of submetering capabilities in order to better manage energy usage reduction
- attend monthly KPI meeting with site managers and EU regional management meetings (where appropriate)
- attend bi-weekly calls with site managers to monitor & track progress and actual performance
4. Other tasks
- assist in tenders gas & elec & water EU but responsibility is with Group Energy Manager
- assist with price requests for LTA purposes as filter between Group Energy Manager
- agree planning of ISO 50001 audits in EU and make sure sties are always audit ready (internal)
- ensure sites keep track of EU-ETS status & obligations.
- keep track of EU-ETS regulatory changes & optimize carbon credits and inform those sites which are participating in the scheme
- provide energy awareness training to staff
- assist in energy budget preparation & review, energy forecasting, 5 year energy
If you want to join the “Masters of malt”, we offer a very wide range of national and international career opportunities, an attractive salary and benefits.
- Master in a relevant field (thermodynamic) or equivalent by experience. Engineer capable of performing deep feasibility studies, understanding energy sources & alternatives in malting process, project management skills
- Experience with heat management , energy improvement and project management within a manufacturing environment, renewable energy knowledge is a plus
- English fluent, Dutch and/or French is plus