SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER EUROPE M/F
SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER EUROPE M/F
Boortmalt (the malting business of the French cooperative group AXEREAL) is currently the largest malting company globally with 3 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world every year.
Our 1000 employees spread over 5 continents are focused on producing an extensive range of high- quality malt types in order to meet the requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
Description of role
As part of the regional management team the Supply Chain leader will be the point of contact for the region for all end-to-end Supply Chain activities including S&OP, Master planning, Customer Service, Inbound and outbound logistics, KPI management and process improvements. The goal is to make sure that both inbound and outbound processes are executed flaxless, that customers are satisfied, and that processes and costs are under control. Next to this the SC leader makes sure that all planning is handled correctly in order to support regional and global sales & barley teams, operations and finance both with monthly & weekly forecast updates as well as ad-hoc analysis to drive the right decision making.
• Co-lead demand planning with the sales team
• Co-lead barley planning with barley team
• Own the S&OP, inventory & master planning
• Manage the barley execution planning team & process
• Own the execution of effective financial planning in order to maximize production & sales while
looking for cost reductions through the optimization of customer allocations to the different
• Implement the global IT platform for planning across the region (where relevant)
• Secure storage capacity both inbound and outbound in line with production and shipment planning at minimized cost.
• Monitor logistics trends and drive for selecting the best partners, drive for tough negotiations and robust contract management in coordination with central contracting manager
• Manage the logistics network. Ensure timely and administrative compliance of domestic and export deliveries to customers
• Engage, influence and collaborate with key stakeholders: sales, barley, operations and technical teams across the region
• Monitor marketplace trends and stay informed of advances in supply/demand chain technology; sustainability trends, etc.
• Coordinate the optimization and execution of customer service with the objective to provide reliable on time delivery at the lowest cost
• Lead & motivate high performing CS teams spread around the region, servicing the customers of the region both domestic and export
If you want to join the “Masters of malt”, we offer a very wide range of national and international career opportunities, an attractive salary and benefits.
- 10+ years of leadership experience in a geographically disperse, multi-line supply chain environment, preferably in the Food industry
- Post graduate qualifications, Lean/Six Sigma and food industry exposure are highly regarded
- Experience with SAP and/or JDE, with ERP implementations would be an advantage
- Experience in team management, customer service, logistics, planning;
- Exposure to production, sourcing, customers;
- Project Management skills and Master Data Management;
- Excellent planning skills: demand/ production/ inventory/S&OP/ IBP skills in a multisite environment;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office Systems, especially excel