Boortmalt (the malting business of the French cooperative group AXEREAL) is currently the largest malting company globally with 3 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world every year.
Our 1000 employees spread over 5 continents are focused on producing an extensive range of high- quality malt types in order to meet the requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
Reporting to the Cluster Quality Manager - CWE the FSQR/QA specialist will play a central role in managing the food safety, quality and regulatory systems across the region. As a key part of the team you will liaise with the quality manager and other stakeholders to ensure that our production facilities, raw materials and products comply with our customer’s needs and surpass international and national legislative requirements.
• Support the cluster quality manager to ensure that the sites under their responsibility comply with Group Quality, food and feed safety policies and standards.
• Assist in the management of all relevant documentation associated with certification standards.
• Support on quality related topics regarding for instance barley intake, produced malt and blending.
• Provide support on external audits, assist in the management and tracking of audit corrective actions and ensure that the malting plants follow-up on all audit actions in a timely fashion.
• Prepare and own the internal audit and inspection plan for the related site(s)
• Assist the local quality manager in resolving customer complaints, following up on corrective actions and ensuring that they have been embedded within the site to guarantee no repeat complaints.
• Support sites with the management review and traceability exercises.
• Manage the product specifications (BOS) in the ERP system and the related master data.
• Assist to implement corrective actions to ensure zero food safety incidents.
• Send out samples as part of the customer specs: pre-shipment samples - external lab samples - extra demanded analysis on customer samples
• Support on plant hygiene and pest control, highlight where sites are non-compliant and provide support where required to ensure plant hygiene standards are maintained.
• Provide relevant support and training in areas such as understanding Quality, food safety and hygiene.
Due to the nature of our business, travel is possible
Master we are looking for ?
- Degree qualified in a food science or related discipline or equivalent in-role experience
- Proven experience in a similar role within the food/beverage or similar industry, with a good understanding of factory operations, knowledge of malting/brewing processes is a plus
- Experience of HACCP, food safety and quality systems within the food or drinks industry (preferably FSSC 22000)
- Management experience not essential but a plus
Masters of Malt's treasure
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organisation can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
Strive - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
Care - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
Inspire - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitisation, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
Explore – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the statu quo to develop full potential.