PLANT MANAGER M/F
PLANT MANAGER M/F
Boortmalt (the malting business of the French cooperative group AXEREAL) is currently the largest malting company globally with 3 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world every year.
Our 1000 employees spread over 5 continents are focused on producing an extensive range of high- quality malt types in order to meet the requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
Description of role
As Plant Manager responsible for the Issoudun plant and reporting to the Sr Operations Manager SP/FR you will be responsible to drive/implement action plans over time & within business guidelines, to ensure that the Issoudun site is always “audit ready” and our business is recognized as “best in class”. While ensuring we deliver the production output according to budget, with full compliance with our group safety, hygiene, environmental and operational standards, on time and at reasonable total cost in line with overall business objectives and quality standards. You will receive support from the Europe zone Operational functions and the Group Support functions.
In this role, you will be the responsible person for:
- Inspire, influence, lead, motivate, direct and develop site teams through a recognized /structured Operational Excellence approach so that they deliver the highest possible level of personal and collective contribution to the Business Goals
- Create and maintain a positive and results orientated environment where mutual trust, confidence and respect for Boortmalt culture and values prevails
- Implement and maintain, with agreement from Europe zone, appropriate structures and manning levels in line with business needs.
- Coach, inspire and guide your team to deliver expected or better results utilizing where required Europe zone and group support functions.
- Develop and implement training and development plans together with Sr Operations Manager XXX, GM's and local HR which bring peoples skills and abilities up to the Boortmalt standard following
- Implement all change management/business improvements in accordance with Group HR Policies & Practices
- Managing the site to ensure maintenance of the plant and equipment is in line with the strategic objectives for the site.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained and operated in accordance with laid down standards including SOP's, Health Safety & Environmental etc…
- Drive Continuous Improvement via KPIs (SMART) year on year across all your cluster/regional sites, challenging status quo and sharing best practises across plants.
- Ensure understanding and full compliance with all current legal & statutory obligations including, but not limited to, SHE, HACCP, Food Safety and Employment Legislation
- Make sure plants in the cluster/ region are delivering quality of malt according to defined expectations and customers’ expectations limiting customer complains.
Continuous Improvement Focus (BOPEX)
- Drive implementation of common KPI's. Make sure execution and follow up in the regions takes place.
- Fully and positively participate in all Europe zone and Group improvement initiatives ensuring any changes to working practices, policies or procedures are communicated to and actively supported by the team and are in line with best practice
- Ensure our business systems and ways of working always present our employees, our sites and our Company in the most positive and professional manner to all visitors but especially customers
- Drive sustainability and innovation agenda at plant levels to deliver group commitments in defined areas.
- Fully participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of Group Business Management Systems and Bopex in conjunction with the Europe zone and Group functions.
- Prepare & operate within annual budgets, 5Y BP etc aligned with GM's and Europe zone Operations to deliver agreed business strategic objectives and synergies defined for the business
- CAPEX and Maintanance projects refining and follow up in conjuctions with Sr Operations Manager and Europe zone Operations to ensure aherence to budget and timelines defined. Coordinate all projects execution with structure and clear RASCI behind.
Reporting & Administration
- Develop & Implement & Follow across the European reporting systems, policies, procedures and requirements
If you want to join the “Masters of Malt”, we offer a very wide range of national and international career opportunities, an attractive salary and benefits.
- Master degree
- Agriculture/Foods /Science/engineering or equivalent by experience
- Minimum 5 years within managerial operational function ideally in Malting/agri-food or drink industry.
- Fully familiar with Continuous Improvement principles, Energy Management, Process visualisation, Budget and Team Management, Total Safety
- French, English, any other language is considered as an asset