OFFICER TO THE CEO (M/F)
OFFICER TO THE CEO (M/F)
Boortmalt (the malting business of the French cooperative group AXEREAL) is currently the largest malting company globally with 3 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world every year.
Our 1000 employees spread over 5 continents are focused on producing an extensive range of high- quality malt types in order to meet the requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
Description of role
BOORTMALT, is a multinational company that grew during the past 92 years from a local company in Belgium to a global player. With over 27 production facilities worldwide, Boortmalt is becoming after October 1st the largest malting company in the world.
Our global organization is focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types to meet the exact requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we can supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
As the Executive Officer to the CEO, reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), your role is to:
- Plan, coordinate and make sure the executive’s schedule is respected
- Get access to the CEO inbox and manage emails as per the agreed set of rules. Alert attention of CEOs on key emails to be answered.
- Act as the point of contact between the CEO and internal or external colleagues
- Provide a bridge of smooth communication between the CEO and internal departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Research, prioritize and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the CEO, including those of sensitive and confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral or response
- Work closely and effectively with the CEO, to keep him/her well informed on upcoming commitments and events, following up appropriately. On request, join the CEO on business trips.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the CEO including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential, providing support in drafting minutes of meetings
- Handle correspondence on behalf of the CEO, directed to managers and other (external) stakeholders
- Organize and participate to meetings in order to learn about the company
- Take dictation and minutes and writing them up subsequently, when applicable
- Produce reports and presentations
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules regarding board meetings, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format
The person we are looking for has proven experience of:
- You have a master degree in business administration or similar
- You have minimum 1 year and maximum 3 years work experience and are eager to learn and grow within the organization
- Fluent in French, English and Dutch
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks, be adaptable to various competing demands
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Forward -looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- Great verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail
- Strong social and interpersonal skills, and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners
- Pro-active approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to be effective independently
- You maintain and practice an absolute degree of confidentiality and integrity
- High energy level and flexibility to join CEO during overseas trips
If you want to join the “Masters of malt”, we offer a competitive salary and an appealing package of extra-legal benefits (healthcare insurance, pension plan, profit sharing scheme, etc.).