MALTINGS MANAGER H/F
MALTINGS MANAGER H/F
Boortmalt (the malting business of the French cooperative group AXEREAL) is currently the largest malting company globally with 3 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world every year.
Our 1000 employees spread over 5 continents are focused on producing an extensive range of high- quality malt types in order to meet the requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
Description of role
With full responsibility for operations at the Glenesk site the Maltings Manager will, lead and manage the site team to deliver the production output according to budget and operational standards.
People and Culture
• Inspire, lead, motivate, direct and develop the site team through a recognized /structured Operational Excellence approach so that they deliver the highest possible level of personal and collective contribution to the Business Goal.
• Create and maintain a positive and results orientated environment where mutual trust, confidence and respect for Boortmalt culture and values prevails.
• Actively encourage people to develop themselves to their full potential.
• Develop and implement training and development plans which bring peoples skills and abilities up to the Boortmalt standard.
Performance and Operational Excellence
• Prepare & operate within annual budgets, 5Y BP etc… to deliver agreed business strategic objectives for the business
• Ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained and operated in accordance with laid down standards including SOP’s, Health Safety & Environmental etc
• Drive Continuous Improvement via KPIs (SMART) year on year
• Work with Engineering Managers to ensure all maintenance of the plant and equipment in line with the strategic objectives for the site.
• Fully participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of Group Business Management Systems and BOPEX in conjunction with the Group functions.
• Fully and positively participate in all Group improvement initiatives ensuring any changes to working practices, policies or procedures are communicated to and actively supported by the team and are in line with best practice (where appropriate).
• Ensure our systems and ways of working always present our employees, our sites and our Company in the most positive and professional manner to all visitors but especially customers
The package for this role includes a competive salary, generous pension contributions and holiday entitlement.
The person we are looking for is of graduate calibre or has equivalent knowledge gained through experience in manufacturing, engineering, chemical engineering, brewing or malting technologies.
Having successfully held lead roles in an operational function with accountability for a site or large department he or she should be conversant with Operational Excellence/Continuous Improvement/Lean Manufacturing techniques and practises.
The person we are looking for is a credible leader and a skilled people manager who is results focused.
We are looking for someone who sets high standards and is tenacious in ensuring they are deliverd.