MALTING MANAGER (H/F)
MALTING MANAGER (H/F)
Boortmalt (the malting business of the French cooperative group AXEREAL) is currently the largest malting company globally with 3 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world every year.
Our 1000 employees spread over 5 continents are focused on producing an extensive range of high- quality malt types in order to meet the requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
Description of role
This role has full responsibility for the site and accountability for budgets, output, product quality and ensuring compliance requirements are met.
Results focused the Maltings Manager will set high standards for the team and will put in place both strategic and tactical plans to the meet operational goals. Success for the site is determined by meeting Key Performance Indicators and embedding the Company’s operational excellence (BOPEX) programme.
To achieve these goals the Maltings Manager will lead, engage and develop site teams to ensure that team capability, skills and attitudes are right to consistently deliver the highest quality of products whilst ensuring an acute management of costs.
The role of the Malting Manager will involve:
Production Process and Product Quality
- Ensuring production consistently and reliably meets the quality specifications by overseeing the process
- Create a culture of continuous improvement and ensure the site is known for quality products and a reliable service.
- You will work closely with the Commercial Team and liaise with other sites to ensure that the supply of malt is on time in full every time.
Operational Excellence and HSE
- Lead and set the standards on site to achieve the HSE KPI’s
- Fully and positively participating in all improvement initiatives to ensure that any changes in working practices, policies, or procedures are communicated to and actively supported by the team
- Continuous improvement of energy usage by putting in place a strategy and tactics to reduce energy usage and water consumption.
- Ensuring that all employees working on the site and all visitors are aware and comply with the H&S rules and regulations
- Responsibility for ensuring the reliability of the plant and that repair, maintenance and CAPEX is appropriately allocated.
- Using your strong people management skills you will lead and direct your team to want to achieve the highest standards for the site.
- You will motivate site teams to deliver the induvial and collective contribution to the success of the site
- You will ensure that your teams are aware of the importance of operating and meeting the site performance indicators and budgets in order to meet the business strategic objectives set for the site.
- Ensuring compliance with all the current legal and statutory obligations including, SHE, HACCP, Environmental, Food Safety, and Employment Legislation
The role is based a few miles outside Malton, North Yorkshire. It attracts a competitive salary and benefits package which includes generous contributions into the Company pension scheme, and a bonus programme based on organisational performance.
The ideal candidate will have successfully held lead roles in an operational function where they have held accountability for a site or large department. Experience in malting, brewing is advantageous however, candidates may also have transferable skills from other sectors such as grain processing or food industry.
Strong communication, leadership and people management skills are essential. Candidates should be fully familiar with budget management and continuous improvement principles.
Candidates may have graduated in an engineering, food manufacturing, brewing discipline of have gained equivalent knowledge by experience.