M/F SUPPLY CHAIN SUPERVISOR
M/F SUPPLY CHAIN SUPERVISOR
Boortmalt (the malting business of the French cooperative group AXEREAL) is currently the largest malting company globally with 3 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world every year.
Our 1000 employees spread over 5 continents are focused on producing an extensive range of high- quality malt types in order to meet the requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
Description of role
The Supply Chain Supervisor will oversee a team that delivers transportation, logistics
and inventory solutions for our products. Oversee our bulk and craft supply chain teams to ensure the inventory position allows us to execute on current and new trade flows, via forecasting and depletion control. They will be responsible to establish and maintain relationship with relevant trade organizations, customers, transportation and 3rd party storage vendors, and support our business.
* Supervise activities of a team of Transportation and Logistics Coordinators and Inventory Planners;
* Accountable for executing production and inventory plan and forecast needs to meet customers demand and needs by type of product;
* Design and implement corrective actions to forecast as needed to keep healthy stock levels;
* Analyze bill of materials requirements and maintains inventory at planned levels to meet production;
* Participate in developing quarterly carrier scorecard reviews, expected reporting to be kept throughout the year;
* Participate in developing yearly 3PL scorecard reviews, expected reporting to be kept throughout the year;
* Participate in drafting yearly Request for Quotes (RFQs), Request for Proposals (RFPs) and Request for Information (RFIs) where applicable;
* Responsible for ensuring the pricing matrix for transportation and logistics is kept updated, updating monthly FSC;
* Develop possible improvements to existing operational procedures in order to maximize efficiency and cut operational costs;
* Ensures effective delivery of service. Maintains a positive, productive delivery of transport and logistics;
* Directly coach, supervise, train, and develop site supply chain analysts. Back-up/support direct reports as necessary. Provide first line of support;
* Build key relationships internally and externally across Operations, Quality, Procurement, Sales and Supply Chain.
7+ years experience in the delivery and supervision of Supply Chain delivery;
3+ years people management experience;
Grain industry experience is preferred;
Excellent analytical abilities;
Excellent team work skills;
Demonstrated ability to interact with functional departments, plants, and suppliers;
Must be legally authorized to work in the USA, hold a valid passport and have the ability to travel to Canada.
We offer a unique opportunity to join the largest malting business in the world; work within a company with values that will inspire you to strive, care, inspire and explore. As a Master of Malt; you will be offered a competative salary and benefit package.