LOGISTICS LEAD & ANALYST
LOGISTICS LEAD & ANALYST
BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity.
The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt’s expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.
The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe’s largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
As a Logistics Lead & Analyst you will be responsible for the strategy, process, reporting and tendering of our logistic channels.
You will join the supply chain team and report to the Regional Supply Chain Manager EU.
- Develop new logistics strategies to streamline processes and reduce cost.
- Build and implement reporting for Global SC. Develop RFQ Deck for all regions to use.
- Have sustainability and Supplier Code of Conduct included in all contracts and discussions + communication with commercial
- Perform continuous improvement by tracking metrics, performing data analysis and evaluating vendor operations. Reporting these metrics and analysis to upper management.
- Discover the most cost-effective shipping modes and schedules
- Prepare the yearly budget, follow up quarterly and provide adjustments to the forecast, monitor cost & budget and provide advise on areas of margin leakage and opportunity
- Support of tendering for our logistics requirements
- Help foster trusting relationships with vendors and team members
- Plan and implement logistics optimization projects (e.g. route planning)
- Collaborate with IT professionals to implement effective systems
- Support the regions with the introduction of KPI’s both internal and external
Master we are looking for ?
- 5 years of experience in the logistics industry or related industry
- Experience in data mining, analysis and reporting.
- IT skills: Proficiency in computer databases, statistic applications and logistics programs, ERP systems (eg JDE) and Office
- Familiarity with supply chain processes (e.g. inventory planning, warehouse management)
- Interest in working on sustainable logistics, experience in this field is a plus
- Strong analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude and attention to detail
- Great interpersonal skills
Masters of Malt's treasure
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organisation can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
"Strive - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
"Care - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitisation, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
“Explore – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the status quo to develop full potential.