Boortmalt (the malting business of the French cooperative group AXEREAL) is currently the largest malting company globally with 3 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world every year.
Our 1000 employees spread over 5 continents are focused on producing an extensive range of high- quality malt types in order to meet the requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
As Junior Brewer reporting to the Brewmaster / Malt Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting with:
- Brewing Operations
- Malt Extract Operations
- CIP Management of Global Innovation Center installations
- Monitoring the performance of different processes
- Packaging Operations
- Performing Global Innovation Center tours
- Micromalting Management
- Pilot Malting Management
- R&D projects related to Product and Process innovation in our Global Innovation Center.
- The functionality of the pilot equipment (operation, maintenance, spare parts - with the support of the technical team of the malting plant)
- Planning and follow up of the malting related R&D projects
- Collaborating with the commercial and craft team to drive our innovation agenda
- The ideation process as part of the Be Open Innovation program
- Other miscellaneous duties, as need
Master we are looking for ?
- Degree in a Scientific field or equivalent by experience
- Knowledge of brewing and/or malting
- Brewing and/or malting practical experience
- Experience in a laboratory environment preferable
- Experience in an R&D / industrial environment preferable
- Fluent in English - Other languages are a plus
- Proficient in MS Office
- Knowledge of statistical programs (Minitab), and/or Graphics is a plus
- High engagement in the process and a strong willingness to learn about malted and un-malted cereals and their role and processability in the brewery.
- Structured and focused work ethic
- A hands-on mentality as well as open-mindedness, creativity and team work are essential for the role.
Masters of Malt's treasure
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organisation can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
"Strive - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
"Care - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitisation, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
“Explore – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the statu quo to develop full potential.