GROUP KEY ACOUNT MANAGER APAC F/M
GROUP KEY ACOUNT MANAGER APAC F/M
Boortmalt (the malting business of the French cooperative group AXEREAL) is currently the largest malting company globally with 3 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world every year.
Our 1000 employees spread over 5 continents are focused on producing an extensive range of high- quality malt types in order to meet the requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
Description of role
In the role of Group Key Acount Manager APAC, reporting to the Group Chief Commercial Officer, you will develop and build enduring customer relationships that deliver value with a specific focus on global key account and the APAC markets. You will contribute towards the development and implementation of specific sales strategies and look to exceed annual operating budgets for both volume and gross margin. You will work with other commercial team members as well as operations, technical and procurement colleagues to ensure the appropriate deployment of business resources to satisfy customer requirements and business objectives/financial targets.
In this role you will be responsible for :
- Participation in sales strategy formulation and budget setting (for the area/sector under your responsibility)
- Delivery of agreed budgets, financial targets and personal objectives
- The development of enduring customer relationships based on trust, innovation, credibility and respect
- The negotiation, management and tracking of Long Term Agreements (LTA's) with customers
- The translation of customer needs to both operations and procurement colleagues in order to ensure delivery against customer requirements and overall client satisfaction
- Active participation in the supply chain to address issues or obstacles preventing or adversely impacting customer experience
- Advise customers on timing of purchase taking into account market developments whilst protecting and maximising business return
- Look to develop logistics and transport solutions that deliver a competitive advantage
- Active monitoring and reporting of risks and exposures related to your customers
- Tracking and management of contract execution, administration and deliveries (ensuring delivery budgets are met or exceeded)
- Assistance where necesary with payment issues and in the pursuit of mechanisms and solutions to reduce working capital
- Management of global customer specific positions to ensure they are within agreed limits
- Assistance in 'packaging' and 'marketing' of innovative tools for customers
- Monitoring of grain market and dissemination of relevant market data/information to your customers
- Investigation of new opportunities, customers and markets
- Maintain and develop relationships with external suppliers and agencies as appropriate
If you want to join the "Masters of Malt", we offer a very wide range of national and international career opportunities, an attractive salary and benefits.
If you would like to apply for this position please send your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com
The person we are looking for has a proven experience in :
- Educated to degree level (preferably Agriculture/Food Science/Life Science related). Ideally post-graduate commercial/management degree
- Customer Relationship Management Experience with established track record on Global Key Accounts
- Experience in an international B2B sales context
- Experience and understanding of commodity and volatile markets within a processing environment
- Understanding of logistics and global shipping methods and practices
- An appreciation of global agricultural markets particularly from an economic and international trade perspective is desirable.
- Fluent in English. Another language is a plus
- Energy and motivation showing personal initiative and a "can do" mentality
- A good communicator/influencer and the ability to develop solid long-term relationships both internally and externally across a range of levels and cultures
- Good interpersonal/team-working skills across functions/geographies
- Sound decision making based on sound judgement
- Frequent travel needed.