GROUP ICT NETWORK & INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGER M/F
GROUP ICT NETWORK & INFRASTRUCTURE MANAGER M/F
Boortmalt (the malting business of the French cooperative group AXEREAL) is currently the largest malting company globally with 3 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world every year.
Our 1000 employees spread over 5 continents are focused on producing an extensive range of high- quality malt types in order to meet the requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
Description of role
The group Infrastructure & Network Manager will be responsible for the overall performance and availability of network and IT infrastructure within Boortmalt and will recommend upgrades / changes while assessing the organization’s current and future needs.
In this role, your core responsibilities will involve:
• Establish network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
• Install, upgrade and configure network hardware and software components, conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating and installing enhancements
• Install, upgrade, and configure network printing, directory structures, rights, security, and software on file servers and workstations.
• Troubleshoot to isolate an diagnose network and infrastructure problems.
• Evaluate network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
• Maintain network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to appropriate vendors.
• Secure the network by developing current and future network access; monitoring, control and evaluating strategies; maintaining documentation.
• Manage VOIP phone system.
• Manage mobile devices.
• Manage disaster recovery including monitoring and periodic failover/failback testing.
• Manage data backup and restore administration including fulfilling data recovery requests and performing periodic restore testing.
• Manage servers; physical and virtual
• Rollout the hosting strategy for the group
• Active directory, Azure Active Directory
• Office 365
• Management of infrastructure and network engineers
• Management of vendor managed services on network environments
• Meet financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations
• Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential
• Work autonomously with minimal supervision, researching projects and problems effectively using all available resources and bringing tasks to completion with a high degree of quality and attention to detail, while observing change control best practices.
• Work with coworkers and all levels of staff including external vendors to troubleshoot and support the IT infrastructure.
• Maintain a good work ethic and a high level of professionalism, with the utmost confidentiality and integrity. Maintain updated knowledge of relevant ICT advancements and best practices, to continue to effectively perform in areas of responsibility.
• Provide leadership and guidance
• Establish department performance metrics and targets
• Develop new initiatives/projects and ensure newly engineered end user/server/SaaS solutions that meet operational requirement and are future enabling
- Bachelor or Master degree in ICT or equal by experience
- Experience in managing and steering a team of technical experts
- Experience in working in an international environment with different cultures
- Experience in food & beverage industry is a plus
- All-around ICT-professional with trackrecord in Infrastructure and networks
- Proven knowledge of different technologies (networks, datacenters, storage, virtualization,
server/client, transactional systems, security, databases, powershell)
- Ability to work/thrive in an IT environment where a lot of things need to be build from scratch
- Fluent in English, Dutch and French (spoken and written), Spanish is a plus
- Willing and able to travel 30% of the time (ofcourse only when corona measures allow you again)
If you want to join the “Masters of malt”, we offer a very wide range of national and international career opportunities, an attractive salary and benefits.