DEPUTY COO NA/SA & APAC (M/F)
DEPUTY COO NA/SA & APAC (M/F)
Boortmalt (the malting business of the French cooperative group AXEREAL) is currently the largest malting company globally with 3 million tonnes of malt sold throughout the world every year.
Our 1000 employees spread over 5 continents are focused on producing an extensive range of high- quality malt types in order to meet the requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world.
By using the most modern production techniques and with our far-reaching logistics capability, we are able to supply world markets both effectively and efficiently.
Description of role
As Deputy COO for North/South America and APAC regions, you will be responsible set strategic goals for Boortmalt Group and drive/ implement action plan(s) on a site per site basis over time & within business guidelines, to ensure that every Boortmalt site is always “audit ready” and our business is recognized as “best in class”. While insuring we deliver the production output according to budget, operational standards, on time and at reasonable total cost in line with overall business objectives.
In this role, you will be the responsible person for:
- Work with the Site, Plant Performance & Engineering Managers to ensure all maintenance of the plant and equipment in line with the strategic objectives for the site
- Ensure that all plant and equipment is maintained and operated in accordance with laid down standards including SOP’s, Health Safety & Environmental etc…
- Drive Continuous Improvement via KPIs (SMART) year on year across all sites in your scope.
- Ensure understanding and compliance with all current legal & statutory obligations including, but not limited to, SHE, HACCP, Environmental, Food Safety and Employment Legislation.
- Fully participate in the development, implementation and monitoring of Group Business Management Systems and Bopex in conjunction with the Group functions.
- Fully and positively participate in all Group improvement initiatives ensuring any changes to working practices, policies or procedures are communicated to and actively supported by the team and are in line with best practice (where appropriate).
- Ensure our business systems and ways of working always present our employees, our sites and our Company in the most positive and professional manner to all visitors but especially customers.
- Inspire, lead, motivate, direct and develop site teams through a recognized /structured Operational Excellence approach so that they deliver the highest possible level of personal and collective contribution to the Business Goal. In particular
- Create and maintain a positive and results orientated environment where mutual trust, confidence and respect for Boortmalt culture and values prevails.
- Develop, with agreement from the Group COO, implement and maintain appropriate structures and manning levels in line with business needs.
- Develop and implement training and development plans which bring peoples skills and abilities up to the Boortmalt standard.
- Actively encourage people to develop themselves to their full potential.
- Implement all change management/business improvements in accordance with Group HR Policies & Practices.
- Prepare & operate within annual budgets, 5Y BP etc… to deliver agreed business strategic objectives for the business.
- Develop & Implement across the NA/SA/APAC organization, reporting systems, policies, procedures and requirements to cover all areas of the business with timelines for each e.g. daily/weekly/monthly/annual/Excom etc…
If you would like to apply on this position please send your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com
The person we are looking for has a proven experience of:
- Master’s degree in engineering or equivalent and ideally post-graduate business studies/management degree.
- +10 years’ experience in management within a multinational, multicultural organization
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Exceptional leadership skills are required for this role
- Experience in Budget and Team Management
- Proven track record in Fault finding & Problem Solving, Process visualization, Total Safety and Operational Excellence.
- Effective experience People & Project Management and creating awareness of Full Supply Chain
- Strong Customer awareness on OHSAS18001, ISO14001 & ISO 9001, ISO 50001, FSSC 22001, CRM (internal & external)
- Frequent travel required