BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity.
The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt’s expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.
The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe’s largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
As an automation engineer you will implement and maintain the automation systems in the different plants to ensure business continuity and improvement.
- Preventive and curative maintenance of the automation systems in the plant (PLC’s, SCADA, Instrumentation, Drives,…etc)
- Supporting the maintenance technicians in the troubleshooting of the normal plant breakdowns.
- Solving major & complex automation breakdowns. If needed you will implement changes in the systems to achieve continuous improvements and upgrades in the plant.
- Pro-actively test reliability and availability of all systems, implement required updates and maintenance to ensure business continuity and improvement.
- After 1 to 2 years training and building expertise in our plant in Herent, you will have the opportunity to share your knowledge and expertise in our other plants in the Netherlands, France and Spain.
Master we are looking for ?
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in automation or electronics, or equal by experience.
- You have hands on knowledge and/or experience in programming and troubleshooting in SAIA/Siemens PLC, Control Maestro SCADA.
- You speak and write English fluently and have very good knowledge of Dutch
- Good knowledge of French is a plus.
Masters of Malt's treasure
As an automation engineer at Boortmalt Herent, you will join a small team of highly motivated and experienced people. Within your function you will have the possibility to improve our current environment and help our plant become even more efficient.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organisation can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
"Strive - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
"Care - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitisation, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
“Explore – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the statu quo to develop full potential.