BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
As Technical Supervisor you are one of the key persons to make sure all our equipment is operating effectively and in a safe manner. Your knowledge and skills can make sure the downtime of equipment is minimized. Together with the team you look into sustainability and cost effectiveness of the machinery. You are the back up and right hand of the Maintenance manager to support with administrative tasks as well.
Other responsibilities and main tasks are:
- Assist to maintain and repair all production, processing and utility related equipment
- Assist the maintenance manager in the development and drive of an integrated maintenance team onsite.
- Continuously improve plant performance
- Follow up on corrective and preventive maintenance
- Support the installation of new equipment
- Ensure all repairs are correctly documented
- Root cause analysis for anomalies and follow up actions to avoid repeat occurrences
- Assist with customer audits and technical reviews
- Participate in BOPEX (continuous improvement) program
- Apply safety rules and ensure the team follows these as well
- Work with necessary ISO Standard (ISO 50001)
- Contact with external suppliers
- Support, lead and inspire the technical team together with the Maintenance manager
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience working in the repair and maintenance of machinery in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the food production industry is a plus.
- Awareness of HACCP, food hygiene and safety requirements are a plus.
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Ability to lead a team and experience in leading a technical team
- Fluently speaking and writing in Dutch and English
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organization can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
Strive - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
Care - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
Inspire - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitization, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
Explore – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the status quo to develop full potential.