BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
The Supply Chain Planner & Analyst acts as the link between Malt Supply Chain and the production plants for daily operations. You plan the production schedule based on thorough analysis of available resources. You review customer demand and production schedules, develop plans to fulfil supply network inventory, and balance competing requirements. Ensure stocks are adequate to meet customer demand over a forecasted period while maintaining a balanced inventory. Lead daily planning to match logistics asset availability with product availability.
Some of your responsibilities are:
- Champion malt quality through production planning; develop the daily production plan while balancing long term needs across the supply chain network
- Implement and maintain strategies to balance inventories for internal production facilities.
- Develop plans to fulfil supply network inventory levels and ensure adequate safety stock.
- Proactively report product and material availability issues.
- Maintain and monitor master data to ensure system is effectively planning future requirements.
- Participate and contribute to monthly S&OP process.
- Actively support the sites on execution of shipments and oversee daily execution performance with the Transportation and Logistics Team.
- Champion month end activities and audits; flag overstocking or inventory close to expiration.
- Act as link between Malt Supply Chain Team and the production plants for daily operations.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships to drive continuous improvements and recommendations to correct service level gaps.
- Identify and/or support process improvement initiatives or supply chain/logistics projects.
- Participate in the resolution of customer/supplier non-conformance investigations.
- Excellent analytical and team work skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and interact with functional departments, plants, and suppliers
- Must be legally authorized to work in the USA, hold a valid passport and have the ability to travel to Canada.
- 1-3 years’ experience in Supply Chain, Inventory management and Production Planning
- Grain industry or CPG experience is preferred
- Proficient in Excel and other office suite apps
- Good knowledge of SAP
- English required, Spanish an asset
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organization can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
“Strive” - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
“Care” - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire” - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitization, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
“Explore” – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the status quo to develop full potential.