BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
As a silo operator you are part of the silo team. You take the lead in the functional operation of the silo. You manage the existing processes and you are responsible for setting up and operating the production machines in order to carry out the correct production processes on time.
You are responsible for:
- Follow-up of the functional operation of the silo with the help of malt operator, hygiene worker, barley malt operator and logistics staff.
- You observe production and/or monitoring equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation
- You check shift documents related to loading and unloading, level of cells, calibration of barley
- You ensure a correct shift transfer
- You solve technical malfunctions, if necessary with the help of an electrician, malthouse operator or technical service
- You are the first contact of control organizations and customers (supply chain related)
- You inform the manager in case of operational problems and/or deviating planning
- You ensure that all operational actions in the silo are documented in the assigned systems
- Technical training with a focus on electricity and/or mechanics
- A first work experience as an electrician and/or mechanic of at least 1 year
- Have an eye for quality - Good communication skills and team spirit
- Willing to work in a full continuous system
- Flexible, stress resistant and focused on safety
We offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to be part of a global organization with international career opportunities. As Masters of Malt, we want to be a good employer with a focus on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration, health and well-being. We promote our values and put our people at the center. “Strive - For our team members and our customers, we are committed to challenging ourselves to the limit, we do this by taking ownership of everything we do, contributing to Boortmalt's global success.” Care - We caring for our communities, our planet, our colleagues, partners and customers; we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We foster trust and empathy and treat each other with respect. “Inspire - We are long-term oriented and deliver sustainable performance through innovation and digitization, as we are acclaimed Masters of Malt. “Explore – We need to think outside the box and embrace groundbreaking ideas to become a source of motivation. We love to challenge the status quo and develop our full potential.