BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
The role of the Agronomist is central to the barley supply chain and will work with local farmers and suppliers to ensure that both the required quality/quantities of brewing and distilling barley are delivered to the maltings whilst ensuring that compliance with the SAI standards.
The Agronomist will develop strong relationships commercial to ensure delivery of sustainable value creation, year on year, within the malting barley supply chain. This will include developing on engaging new growers, which will include the development, growth and maintenance of niche high value supply chains.
The Agronomist is a subject matter expert and will support growers by providing assistance and guidance in relation to agronomy best practice and technical knowledge in areas such as fertilizers and quality requirements. The role also involves being the champion and ambassador for the business both with suppliers, farmers and customers.
- We are looking for someone with significant experience in an agricultural related industry, and knowledge relating to crop production, nutrition and protection.
- You will have strong commercial skills to create value in the supply chain coupled with the ability to build strong sustainable relationships with farmers, suppliers and customers.
- You have experience dealing with farmers and suppliers in Ireland and know how to build a strong sustainable relationship with them
- As you will ensure the commercial relationships and contracts, experience in negotiations and procurement is required.
- We are looking for experienced agronomist to join our team with Bachelor's or Master's degree in agricultural or related sciences and technologies
- Able to analyse agronomic data.
- Good technical understanding of plants and soil.
- We expect you to have profound knowledge of how to use various resources (light, water, nutrients, pest and diseases control products etc.) and cultivars breeding to grow the plants in most efficient way.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organization can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
“Strive” - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
“Care” - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire” - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitization, becoming praised Masters of Malt.