BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
BOORTMALT is a multinational organisation owned by the French cooperative AXEREAL. With over 27 production facilities worldwide, Boortmalt is the largest malting producer in the world. Our growing, global organisation is focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world. Our mission is to be the best innovative malt supplier, producing quality malts in benchmark maltings.
We are delighted to announce the reopening of our facility in Tamworth, and are now seeking bright and enthusiastic individuals to join our thriving, future focused business.
As a Production Technician at Boortmalt, your primary function will be to manufacture malt in a safe, sustainable way helping to achieving customer quality specifications and requirements. Your responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring of process conditions to ensure malting objectives set by the production manager are achieved;
- Rotating through all aspects of the malt production process and hygiene activities;
- Contributing and influencing an environment where SH&E is an integral part of how we do business;
- Contributing to team efforts to meet set targets while operating within budget guidelines;
- Contributing to the development of a food safety culture;
- Adhering to processes, procedures, and directions in relation to food safety and quality management;
- Ensuring that plant HACCP, Quality and Continuous Improvement systems are followed and requirements (FSSC 22000 & other) are met.
Highly adaptable and with strong communication skills, you will bring with you:
- A Certificate in science/engineering/food & beverage processing related discipline;
- Experience in the dairy/food/FMCG or a GMP environment;
- Forklift license;
- Confined Space;
- Practical computer skills.
Boortmalt is on an exciting trajectory as we strive to cement our position as the world’s leading Maltster. If you would like to join us on our journey and have a passion for beer and for brewing, then we would love to hear from you