BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
You will be a self-starter, agile, robust and a resilient team player to be able to problem solve and thrive in a fast-paced working environment. Your ability to grasp a broad range of activities, adhere to processes and procedures, take initiatives and contribute towards building a strong safety culture will be key to the success of the role and will open opportunities to further advance your career.
Experience and skills required:
- Previous experience in the dairy/food/FMCG or a GMP environment
- Mechanical Fitter experience could be an advantage
- Strong technical knowledge coupled with a mechanical aptitude;
- Practical and systematic problem-solving skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, English communication skills;
- Practical computer skills
- Ability to work autonomously, be self-motivated and proactive;
- Ability to partake in physically challenging hygiene activities within an industrial environment;
- Ability to be flexible under changing environment and workloads
- Ability to contribute in a team environment through developing positive working relationships that are based on trust and integrity
What we are looking for:
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a similar position within the Food/Beverage manufacturing industry;
- Relevant technical, diary or science qualifications is desirable but not essential;
- Previous experience in operating manufacturing equipment; and
- Demonstrated experience working with Lean/Six Sigma continuous improvement principles.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organization can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
“Strive” - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
“Care” - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire” - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitization, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
“Explore” – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the status quo to develop full potential.