BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
As Production Supervisor, your primary purpose of this position is to manage all of the processing of barley into malt including steeping, germination and kilning. Set all process parameters to meet customer specifications while managing production costs and yield. Act as direct supervisor of Production Operators. Contribute to site safety and food safety programs
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and monitor daily production activities and set all daily production parameters with responsibility including off shifts and weekends. Report progress to Production Manager and participate in customer and department meetings.
- Supervise and direct production operators in the overall malting operational process. Manage employee scheduling, ensure completion of safety training and procedural training, encourage engagement and proficiency in their work assignments.
- Inspect plant areas for safety and sanitation and report necessary needs to the Production Manager.
- Input process control requirements and strategies in the process control system.
- Process troubleshooting including water use, energy consumption, yield, and performing miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
- College degree in Biochemistry, Chemical, Process, Agricultural, Food Science, Mechanical science or Engineering or 2+ years of practical malting, food product or related industry experience
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience working in a food or drink manufacturing environment.
- Proven experience as a team leader
- Awareness of HACCP, food hygiene and safety requirements are required.
- Excellent trouble shooting and problem solving skills
- English fluent, other language are a plus.
- Office 365 proficiency
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organisation can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
"Strive"- our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
"Care" - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
"Inspire" - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitisation, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
"Explore" – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the status quo to develop full potential.