BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
As Plant Manager you ensure that all manufacturing activities (production, materials, quality control, manufacturing engineering) to produce qualitative malt are met in the most cost-effective way, while meeting shipping requirements and sales commitments.
Your core responsibilities will be :
- Ensure a safe working environment and safe working practices
- An acute management of costs / control of budget and associated spending
- Planning of the output of the plant including energy and water consumptions at the plant.
- Make sure the product quality and compliance requirements are met and continues improvement opportunities identified
- Manage, engage and coach the people on site (people management)
- Lead and manage the management team on site
- Set short and medium targets to deliver set KPI's
- Degree in Agriculture/ Engineering or any other relevant field
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading operations within manufacturing, engineering, chemical engineering, brewing of malting technologies
- You display good communication and organizational skills
- You are result driven and can motivate others to go the extra mile
- You are able to take sound decisions and to multitask
- You are fluent in English and French
- You have good Microsoft skills and can work with our ERP system
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organization can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
“Strive” - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
“Care” - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire” - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitization, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
“Explore” – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the status quo to develop full potential.