BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Plant Manager to join our team in Ballarat. Located at our Delacombe plant, and reporting to the Regional Operations Manager, this is an important leadership role within the team, and offers both challenge and opportunity for the right person.
Fast paced and demanding, this role will see you:
- Managing and overseeing safety for the plant;
- Leading and developing the team;
- Optimising plant capability and efficiency;
- Overseeing Food Safety & Quality Management;
- Preparing and controlling the Plant budget;
- Maintaining strong professional relationships with domestic customers;
- Management reporting.
Highly organised and results oriented, you will bring with you;
- Plant Management experience within a process manufacturing environment;
- An understanding of malt and the malting process, or food sector experience;
- Experience in budgeting and financial management;
- A sound understanding of ISO 2200, HACCP, OH&S & environmental systems;
- Strong communication skills and the ability too delegate;
- Problem solving and analytical skills;
- Highly adaptable with a strong capacity for change;
- Strong leadership skills with emotional intelligence;
- Strong computer literacy with ERP (SAP) exposure.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organisation can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do. If you would like to join us, then we would love to hear from you.