BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
As Pilot Plant Specialist you are part of the Commercial and Innovation team. You will support Boortmalt's ambition of becoming the most innovative malting company in the world through ambitious and unique R&D projects. As Pilot Plant Specialist of the Global Innovation Centre at Boortmalt, located in Antwerp (Belgium), you will have an active role in the Proof of Concept stage of R&I projects as well as supporting the collaboration with external clients interested in tailor made, pilot scale solutions.
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the operational aspects of the world class innovation center research equipment comprising: 3 micromaltings (1kg), 100kg pilot malting, 10hl pilot brewhouse, 200kg malt extract pilot evaporator (located in Antwerp) and 1t pilot malting (located in Herent).
- Planning and executing Pilot Plant trials for the process and product innovation projects as well as manufacturing products for tests with possible customers or marketing support.
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the research pilot plant equipment
- Leading the collaboration with external parties when specialized equipment is needed to offer the complete experience requested by customers (e.g. mobile packaging line, distillation units etc).
- Inventory Management related to the Innovation Centre tests (samples for different projects, chemicals, raw materials and other materials required for an optimum functionality of projects and equipment)
- Optimize the utilization of the assets of the Innovation Centre
- Optimize the functionality of the pilot equipment within the Innovation Centre (operation, maintenance, spare parts - with the support of the technical team of the malting plant)
- Managing planning, delivery, installation of new equipment in the Research Pilot Plant
- Insuring compliance with safety, environmental and quality requirements during project development and execution
- Managing on time in full delivery of services offered to customers as part of service agreements involving the use of the research pilot plant equipment (eg. services to breeders, custom malt, contract brewing)
- Support and encourage the innovation culture within Boortmalt
- Collaborating with Universities
- Asset care, including preventive maintenance
Master we are looking for ? Master recherché
- You have a degree in a Scientific field or equivalent by experience
- You have brewing and/or malting knowledge; combined with brewing and/or malting practical experience
- Experience in a laboratory environment and/or in R&D / industrial environment is a plus
- You are fluent in English - Other languages are a plus
- You are Proficient in MS Office and excel (tables, graphs)
- You are Methodical, disciplined and have an innovative mindset. You embrace pioneering ideas and challenge the status quo
- Self-motivated, hands on, problem solver
- You maintain world class standards in a world class facility and act as ambassador of the Innovation Centre, leading customer visits
- Flexible working hours subject to business needs
Masters of Malt's treasure Trésor des Masters of Malt
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organization can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
“Strive” - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
“Care” - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire” - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitization, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
“Explore” – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the status quo to develop full potential