BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt’s expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe’s largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, and based at our plant in Ballarat, where you will be responsible for the repair, servicing and maintenance of plant and equipment.
This role will see you:
- Contributing and influencing and environment where EH&S is an integral part of how we do business.
- Taking ownership and being involved and committed to achieving a safe workplace.
- Participating to team efforts to achieve company objectives and attend and provide constructive input at site meetings as determined by management.
- Adhering to processes and procedures and directions in relation to food safety and quality management. Ensuring plant HACCP, Quality and Continuous Improvement systems are followed and requirements are met.
- Actively participating in plant safety culture and systems.
- Maintaining plant to high reliability standards to meet customer requirements.
- Keeping accurate and up to date maintenance records to ensure best maintenance practices and equipment reliability is maximized.
- Monitoring plant efficiency so plant targets can be achieved.
- Demonstrating a self motivated attitude and functions as a strong team player.
- Contributing to safety, team and food safety plant objectives.
You will bring with you:
- Mechanical or maintenance fitter trade qualifications
- Forklift license
- Confine space
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- High adaptability and capacity for change
- Ability to work independently, be self-motivated and proactive
- Experience with hydraulic machinery, fans pumps and related equipment
- Competent in bearing, pulley, gear and sprocket replacements
- Knowledge of materials handling equipment for grain
- Competent welding skills including mig, tig and arc.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organisation can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
"Strive - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
"Care - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitisation, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
“Explore – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the statu quo to develop full potential.