BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
BOORTMALT is a multinational organisation owned by the French cooperative AXEREAL. With over 27 production facilities worldwide, Boortmalt is the largest malting producer in the world. Our growing, global organisation is focused on producing an extensive range of high-quality malt types to meet the exacting requirements of our brewing and distilling customers around the world. Focused on innovation and sustainability, our mission is to be the best malt supplier, setting the standard in benchmark maltings.
This role is responsible for the timely, reliable, and effective planning of just in time loading at our malting plants by transport mode to supply our export and domestic customers , The role is accountable for the coordination of all associated logistics needs to meet the planning requirements while building working relationships internally and externally to achieve best outcome for the business.
About the Role:
The Logistics Coordinator/Planner role will suit an individual who has the ability to think on their feet and enjoys working in a just in time environment. This role encompasses scheduling/planning around production and plant loading capacity by transport mode as well as replenishment of consumables, internal customer service delivering on a high DIFOT, administrative duties in an ERP environment, management of food safety & quality complaints related to transport and health and safety management as well as understanding and adhering to Chain of Responsibilities regulations under the Heavy Vehicle National Law ( HVNL) while working with transport vendors.
Logistics – Outbound Planning
- Plan all packing schedules based on customer demand (sales orders), considering export shipping ETD , plant capacity and inventory availability. Manage alignment between plants and transport providers in regard to best possible outcome in regard to DIFOT and cost;
- Purchasing and arranging of transport services , either via existing contractual arrangements or ad hoc pricing;
- Support logistics administration function in regard to on time processing of transport invoices;
- Ensure all export information is available to meet packing schedules (EG container releases, RFP, Import Permits) by holding other departments accountable for their inputs;
- Attend weekly logistics meeting with internal and external customers as required and align on future plans for execution;
- Maintain stock levels of packing materials required for effective execution of export shipping and domestic distribution functions at plants and 3rd party storage facility.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships with transport providers and other suppliers, and Boortmalt staff at all levels; strong internal customer service with focus on delivering high DIFOT and operating within budget.
Food Safety & Quality Management
- Assist in the investigation of customer complaints concerning Supply Chain and Logistics;
- Participate in quarterly transport supplier reviews as part of their agreed KPI’s. Perform review of transport companies for performance and participate in any food safety investigations through regular contact with transport suppliers.
- Ensure scheduling of transport is compliant with the obligations of The Chain of Responsibility Law;
- Accountable for the safety of yourself, your work colleagues, customers and contractors. Contribute and influence an environment where SHE is an integral part of how we do business;
- Take ownership and be involved and committed to achieve a safe workplace;
- Work to achieve a zero-harm work environment and strive for continuous improvement on SHE performance.
- A degree or equivalent, preferably in Supply Chain, Logistics related fields;
- APICS Certification also acceptable;
- A strong track record of success in logistics or supply chain, relating to planning and transport execution of tipper, flatbed & tautliner trailers for domestic & export delivery modes;
- Production process and supply chain planning;
- Strong planning and analytical skills to interpret data and apply to end-to-end supply chain processes;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- Adaptable to change at short notice and apply a sense of urgency to priority tasks;
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment, to problem solve promptly and proactively manage stakeholders and conflicting priorities;
- Identify and drive continuous improvement initiatives;
- SAP purchase order and goods receipt proficiency;
- Familiar with domestic processes around shipping container export;
- Software and or other skills;
- SAP or any other ERP;
- Microsoft Office;
- BSM & 1-Stop; (desirable)
- Understanding of S&OP, MRP or other planning methodologies desirable;
- Intermediate Excel skills.
Boortmalt is on an exciting trajectory as we strive to cement our position as the world’s leading Maltster. If you would like to join us on our journey and have a passion for beer and for brewing, then we would love to hear from you.