BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
A unique opportunity has arisen for a FSQR Specialist to join our team in a lead role, based at our Port Adelaide Plant in South Australia. Responsible, along with the FSQR team for managing Food Safety & Quality Systems across all Malt plants in the Region, the Lead role also assumes responsibility for the local FSQR requirements of our two plants in Adelaide. In addition to on the ground FSQR support to the Adelaide and Cavan Plants to ensure FSSC 22000 compliance, your tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Providing team support & guidance to a geographically dispersed FSQR Team;
- Implementation of Food Safety/ Quality Management programs (including PRP and HACCP) in line with Boortmalt certification requirements;
- Reducing repeat customer complaints by analyzing trends, drive root cause analysis investigations and maintain records for the customer incident management process;
- Preparing and owning internal and external audits and ensure close out of actions arising from these audits ensuring certifications are maintained for all plants in the region;
- Monthly reporting for the region and providing updates to the business via regular benchmarking reports;
- Maintaining FSQR documents for site including regional documents and site FSQR registers (glass, food defence, suppliers etc.);
Tertiary qualified in Food Science or a relevant discipline, you will bring with you experience in a quality or technical role within the food, FMCG or GMP sectors. Committed to performance excellence and team work, you will also bring with you:
- Auditing qualifications or experience in food safety quality and environmental systems;
- Knowledge of food safety and quality systems in a manufacturing environment;
- Experience managing/working in a matrix organization;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- The ability to work independently, be self-motivated and proactive;
- A desire to develop positive working relationships that are based on trust and integrity;
- The ability to prioritise tasks and use knowledge and initiative to problem solve promptly.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organisation can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in , then we would love to hear from you.