BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
Boortmalt is seeking a motivated, team-oriented, General Labourer for the Biggar, SK facility. The General Labourer, with direction from the supervisor performs support labour for maintenance technicians and production operators within the facility.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
50% Operations Support
- Cleaning areas of the plant
- Assisting with production operation
- Enter confined spaces under proper permit conditions and supervision
15% Plant & Shop Sanitation
- Sweeping, shovelling, vacuuming and general sanitation duties
- Bleaching and washing
- Handling garbage and recyclable materials
- Sanitation of process/production areas and work space
- Periodic yard work
15% Safety & Communication
- Attend various mandatory safety and departmental meetings
- Communicate in a courteous and positive manner to accomplish duties effectively, working as a team with all involved
- Understand and adhere to the federal Occupational Health and Safety rules and regulations as related to plant safety and food safety.
- Follow all Boortmalt safety Rules and Regulations as well all plant and department policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and sanitary atmosphere with a high regard for food safety and environmental impacts
10% Shipping and Receiving
- Operate Loader
- Load and unload delivery trucks
- Package outgoing shipments
- Unpack incoming shipments
10% Miscellaneous Duties:
- Assist with other personnel as needed
- Pick up and drop off parcels offsite
- Perform other duties essential to the department as requested by the maintenance or production supervisor
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High School diploma/GED
- Valid drivers license and safe driving record
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Multi-tasking, time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Good communication skills
- Desire to learn and develop new skills and competencies
- Proficiency in computers including entering and retrieving data
- Demonstrated high performance safety and attendance record
- Ability to work overtime and shifts including holidays and weekends as required.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and work in elevated areas of the plant
- Must be able to work in environment with inside ambient temperatures, and extreme humidity, including work partially outdoors, indoors, and periodically in dusty environments
- Requires Near/Far, Depth, Color vision
- Walking/Standing on indoor surfaces 100% of day per 8 hour shift.
- Tolerate working in an environment where chlorine is used to clean
- Required to wear rubber boots, wetsuit, rubber gloves and respirator at different times throughout the day
- Required to wear hard hat, gloves and ear/eye protection, including hearing and respiratory personal protection devices such as ear plugs, dust masks, and respirator
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organization can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
“Strive” - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
“Care” - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire” - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitization, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
“Explore” – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the status quo to develop full potential.