BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt’s expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe’s largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
Boortmalt’s ambition is to become “Masters of Malt” therefore, Health & Safety is one of our core business fundamentals. Safe working is an integral part of how we plan, organize and undertake our business activities and operations. We believe that TOGETHER Boortmalt can become one of the safest places to work.
As a Belgium & The Netherlands Safety, Health & Environmental Manager you will be leading the area and supporting all the operations and activities in the region (including but not limited to Antwerp, ATO, Zuidnatie, Gembloux, Herent and Swalmen).
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Making sure every plant is complying with safety and environmental legal requirements.
- Deployment, Standardisation & Harmonisation of our HSE culture and group standards.
- Integrating safety into the operating day to day routine for the business via tools, processes and training.
- Creating and executing the HSE strategy and plan for the region, ensuring year on year improvement.
- Leading a team of HSE professionals and supporting all levels of the organization.
- You have at least 5 years of experience as Safety, Health & Environmental Manager or in a similar position.
- You are qualified Prevention 1 in Belgium.
- You are qualified MVK or willing to acquire this.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (French is a plus).
- You have experience with ISO14001 and ISO45001.
- You are a people manager, with excellent team development and communication skills.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organisation can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
"Strive - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
"Care - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitisation, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
“Explore – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the statu quo to develop full potential.