BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt’s expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe’s largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
In close collaboration with the HSE Manager BeNe you co-ordinate the local deployment of Boortmalt's safety, health and environmental management systems and strategy across the locations (including but not limited to Antwerp, ATO, Zuidnatie, Gembloux, Herent and Swalmen). to provide a safe working environment for our employees, contractors, customers and visitors with the aim of zero injuries or incidents and in compliance with local regulation and statutory requirements.
- Execute risk analysis
- Investigate work related incidents, provide the proper reporting and look for opportunities to avoid them in the future.
- Monitor and drive implementation of corrective actions arising from HSE activities including risk assessments, accident investigations and near miss reports.
- Review corrective actions for effectiveness
- Promote Health & Safety, develop actions & measures to drive tangible improvements in safety performance and culture
- First experience in a similar position within a manufacturing
- Knowledge of HSE legislation
- Experience and understanding of safety and environmental standards : OHSAS 18001 / ISO45001, ISO 14001
- Certificate of "preventieadviseur" level 2 / PA2. A plus : training certificate ISPS officer (or willing to attain this)
- Strong communication skills, adaptable to the public involved
- You speak and write English and Dutch fluently
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organisation can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
"Strive - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
"Care - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitisation, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
“Explore – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the statu quo to develop full potential.