BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
As a Group Energy Procurement Manager you will manage the Groups energy & carbon position and the procurement of energy and carbon for the Group, including hedging of energy and carbon prices for our 27 sites globally. You will deliver business objectives at least cost and least impact of the environment.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Developing robust energy procurement strategies for our business and in particular energy within LTAs (fully aligned with commercial team)
- Smart strategic energy market analysis supported by good data
- Proven track record in energy trading (fixing/unfixing, spot contracts/full flex contracts etc...)
- Smart & proactive risk management of our global energy portfolio (fully aligned with commercial team)
- Supporting our Sustainable energy strategy (energy reduction/self generation/trading/green energy/carbon)
- Developing online & realtime tools to provide energy procurement information to internal stakeholders
- Training of employees in energy procurement awareness
- Preparing elements of the Group annual Energy & Sustainability report
- Being the primary internal and external lead contact on all energy procurement contractual issues
- Frequent travel may be required
- You have a Bachelor’s degree preferably environmental and/or energy related, ideally combined with commercial education
- You have 5 to 10 years experience within an energy management role in a national/multinational industry
- You have experience in energy and carbon trading and are passionate about energy management and reducing impact on the environment
- You have advanced skills in excel and data manipulation/transformation
- You are fluent in English. French or Spanish is a plus
- You are an excellent communicator with the ability to build solid long-term relationships across different cultures and levels
- You are a teamplayer
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organisation can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
Strive - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
Care - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
Inspire - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitisation, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
Explore – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the status quo to develop full potential.