BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
As the Senior Environmental Technician you will lead waste water management on site and coordinate environmental compliance. You are providing technical support to the Athy team ensuring the site conforms with both external regulatory requirements and internal standards.
Your responsibilities are, and not limited to:
• The designated responsible gatekeeper for environmental management, with particular reference to the Industrial Emissions Licence requirements for the site.
• To collaboratively drive continuous improvement in line with Boortmalt sustainability goals.
• Dedicated point of contact on the site for EPA & other relevant statutory bodies.
• To lead the day-to-day operations of the WWTP. This includes sampling (incl. river sampling) and conducting general analysis for monitoring & optimising operational performance and taking appropriate actions to ensure effluent discharge remains consistently within IEL requirements.
• Compiling & reporting of auditable SHE data for internal & statutory purposes including Greenhouse Gas reporting as well to allow for trending analysis.
• Monitor (or coordinate) air, noise, solid waste & other environmental aspects.
• Ensure that relevant team members are sufficiently trained & competent in daily WWTP operation & analysis duties to ensure all IEL requirements are met 365 days per year.
• Management of the existing ISO14001 certification and assistance in other accreditations held.
• Includes and not limited to active participation and/or coordination of daily & weekly site operations meetings, SHE meetings, audits etc.
Master we are looking for ? Master recherché
- As a minimum the successful candidate would have a degree (or equivalent) in Environmental Science (or similar scientific field)
- Prior experience in industry is essential
- Strong laboratory experience involving wet chemistry is required
- Experience in IEL management & implementation / management of ISO14001 or other EMS certification is also highly desirable.
- Good fundamental knowledge of wastewater (experience in extended aeration systems highly desirable) with ability to troubleshoot & implement corrective actions if necessary.
- Experience with EU GHG/ETS permitting desirable
- You speak English fluently and have excellent communication skills (both written & verbal).
- Proficient in MS Office with excellent data handling & analysis skills
Masters of Malt's treasure Trésor des Masters of Malt
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organization can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
“Strive” - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
“Care” - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire” - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitization, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
“Explore” – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the status quo to develop full potential.