BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
This role will focus on cost accounting and general plant accounting responsibilities for the Biggar and Sheboygan plants. You will ensure accurate inventory costing and perform journal entries and account reconciliations. The role will liaise with the business stakeholders to provide analytical reporting of production costs and performance.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establishes and maintains standard cost estimates and bills of materials in SAP system.
- Ensures timely and accurate monthly financial close with adequate controls and reviews in place.
- Analyse production costs on a monthly basis against both budget and history to ensure proper accounting treatment.
- Coordinate year-end physical inventory count and support plants in monthly cycle counts.
- Maintain inventory reserve analysis for excess and obsolete inventory.
- Develops and maintains plant cost accounting policies and procedures.
- Creates reporting and analyses to support the business.
- Seeks opportunities for improvements in inventory management and cost accounting practices by researching and proposing best-in-class strategies.
- Development and reporting of pertinent KPIs.
- Coordinate delivery of required financial information to third-party contacts including auditors, tax advisors, and insurance brokers.
- Support forecasting and budgeting efforts, as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- 5+ years related accounting work experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Experience with SAP, ERP and Excel (Advanced)
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills to connect with a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated success supporting manufacturing operations teams as a business partner
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organization can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
“Strive” - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
“Care” - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire” - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitization, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
“Explore” – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the status quo to develop full potential.