BOORTMALT is the world leader malting company with 3 million tonnes production capacity. The group is present on 5 continents with 27 malting plants. Boortmalt's expertise is widely acknowledged by brewers and distillers who rely on the supply of top quality barley malt.The Boortmalt Group is a fully owned subsidiary of the agricultural and agribusiness cooperative Axereal. Our relationship with Axereal, Europe's largest grain cooperative, ensures us access to high quality barley year round.
Boortmalt is seeking a motivated and forward-thinking Executive who will drive and accelerate Boortmalt's Sustainability agenda on carbon emissions reduction by 2030 and beyond. In this role you report to the CEO and work very closely with all Executive Committee members to ensure successful implementation of sustainability initiatives.
Driven by your passion for sustainability, you provide leadership, oversight and strategic direction for:
- the procurement of all types of energies required for the 27 maltings plants of Boortmalt Group, while ensuring alignment with the risk management procurement framework. You also lead and design in-house technology development plans to reduce energy consumptions in the 27 malting plants, in close collaboration with the Operations & Agriculture Department, and the regional Business Units.
- the construction of the energies position (gas, power, CO2 certificates, and renewable energy), in partnership with the regional Business Units.
- the implementation of our Energy Roadmaps, Horizon Roadmaps (Scopes 1 and 2), to reach our SBTi 1.5°C company commitment by 2030 and to drive our CO2 emissions further down to neutrality. This includes the implementation of numerous projects that enable Boortmalt to become carbon neutral post 2033.
- the development of creative & innovative financial solutions to support the implementation of the energy projects in your portfolio, with the support of our Finance Department.
- Design, advise and follow-up on Boortmalt's business plan on carbon emission reduction (and related financials)
As a member of our Executive Committee:
- You have a master in Engineering, Business Management, Sustainable Development or equivalent by experience
- You have at least 10 years experience in energy strategy consulting and energy projects management
- You demonstrate excellent project management skills
- You are passionate about energy & decarbonisation and you know how to convey your enthusiasm for this in an efficient and effective way
- You have a strong analytical mindset: you are an innovator and a forward thinker
- You are able to translate strategic decisions into concrete solutions and execute on them
- You enjoy working in a dynamic and continuously changing work environment
- You adapt easily and are agile to find solution in case of challenging situations
- You have outstanding (internal and external) client relationship management and proactive leadership skills
- You are a strong communicator in English, both written and verbally
- You can positively influence our global community of both technical and non-technical Masters of Malt
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package and as part of a global organization can offer career opportunities internationally. As Masters of Malt we want to be a great employer, focusing on flexibility, inclusion, collaboration and health and wellbeing. We live our values, putting people at the heart of what we do.
“Strive” - our ambition is to be the best maltster that's why every day we commit to challenge ourselves to achieve the highest level.
“Care” - our strength is magnificent when we care for our earth, our colleagues and our business partners. We encourage trust, respect and treat each other with respect. We believe that Diversity makes us stronger.
“Inspire” - We adopt a long-term orientation delivering sustainable performance through innovation and digitization, becoming praised Masters of Malt.
“Explore” – thinking out of the box and embracing pioneer ideas to become a source of motivation, we like challenging the status quo to develop full potential.