50% OF OUR ASSETS ARE LESS THAN 12 YEARS OLD
Total quality and sustainable development
Boortmalt has a state-of-the-art infrastructure, over 50% of our assets were built within the past 11 year- which ensures food safety standards and minimises the environmental impact as part of our commitment to sustainability.
In cooperation with our parent company Axereal, we have developed a long-term sustainability program. Because the malting industry remains highly reliant on the use of energy and drinking quality water, we employ best-in-class practices and technologies to optimise our use of these valuable resources and achieve cost savings.
- Subsidiary of Axereal, the largest French grain cooperative
- 5th largest producer of Malt in the World and the 2nd in Europe
- Annual sales of 1.1 million tonnes
- 10 production facilities throughout Europe with 385 employees
- Responsibility - Member of SAI
- GMS - consultancy specialising in supply chain and infrastructure projects particularly in developing markets
- Globally respected Malting Course