We strive to meet ambitious reduction goals.
Because the kilning process requires large amount of energy, most of our large sites rely upon cogeneration plants to convert natural gas into electricity and usable heat.
Cogeneration plants conserve energy by capturing heat rather than allowing it to escape as it would with thermal power plants or heat engines.
The captured heat can then be used in the kilning process and we save energy by utilising the heat that would have been lost.
In the near future, we hope to further decrease our dependency on fossil fuels by transforming our own by- products and some side stream products such as the straw produced by parent company into bio gas, green heat and green electricity.
Boortmalt has voluntarily registered with the Benchmark covenant of the Flemish Government to improve our energy consumption.
- Subsidiary of Axereal, the largest French grain cooperative
- 5th largest producer of Malt in the World and the 2nd in Europe
- Annual sales of 1.1 million tonnes
- 10 production facilities throughout Europe with 385 employees
- Responsibility - Member of SAI
- GMS - consultancy specialising in supply chain and infrastructure projects particularly in developing markets
- Globally respected Malting Course