Targeting Sustained Development
All Axereal barley farmers cultivate their crops according to a strict sustainable development policy.
As sustainability becomes an ever increasing issue throughout the entire supply chain, Boortmalt strives to link customer expectations for malt with sustainable farming practices in the production of malting barley.
As part of our commitment and support of sustainable agriculture, Boortmalt is a member of The Sustainable Agriculture Initiative (SAI) Platform and a leading participant in the SAI forum.
- Subsidiary of Axereal, the largest French grain cooperative
- 5th largest producer of Malt in the World and the 2nd in Europe
- Annual sales of 1.1 million tonnes
- 10 production facilities throughout Europe with 385 employees
- Responsibility - Member of SAI
- GMS - consultancy specialising in supply chain and infrastructure projects particularly in developing markets
- Globally respected Malting Course