More than eighty-five years of experience
The name ‘Mouterij Boortmalt’ represents a significant piece of history for our business. We grew from the canal at Leuven-Dijle in Boortmeerbeek and spent half century as local malt house with a production tower in the center of the town and a series of silos by the water.
The purchase of the Sobelgra silo in the 1980’s followed by the company’s acquisition by Axereal in 2004 has brought rapid growth. Business increased further through the addition of a malting plant in France and within ten years Boortmalt had established plants in Croatia and Hungary. In 2010 Boortmalt grew further in 2010 by acquiring existing malting plants in the UK and Ireland.
Today Boortmalt has developed to become one of the top five producers of malt in the World.
- Subsidiary of Axereal, the largest French grain cooperative
- 5th largest producer of Malt in the World and the 2nd in Europe
- Annual sales of 1.1 million tonnes
- 10 production facilities throughout Europe with 385 employees
- Responsibility - Member of SAI
- GMS - consultancy specialising in supply chain and infrastructure projects particularly in developing markets
- Globally respected Malting Course