Quality rooted in production
Our goal is to produce high quality types of malt to meet the specific demands of our worldwide clientele of brewers and distillers. By utilising the most modern production techniques and far-reaching logistics, we reach international markets in an efficient and cost effective manner.
Through various acquisitions, Boortmalt has become the second largest producer of malt in Europe and the fifth largest globally. From 10 locations in Europe, Boortmalt branches out into the World with 50% of its total volume of trade stemming from developing markets outside of Europe.
Through our parent company Axereal, the largest French grain cooperative we guarantee our customers access to high quality barley year round.
At Boortmalt, we believe that our manner of production reflects the quality of our products.
We are certified HACCP, ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001 and a member of The Sustainable Agriculture Initiative (SAI).
- Subsidiary of Axereal, the largest French grain cooperative
- 5th largest producer of Malt in the World and the 2nd in Europe
- Annual sales of 1.1 million tonnes
- 10 production facilities throughout Europe with 385 employees
- Responsibility - Member of SAI
- GMS - consultancy specialising in supply chain and infrastructure projects particularly in developing markets
- Globally respected Malting Course